How can I learn how to be a good step-mom possibly or how to help raise another persons daughter?

I want to know what I can do w/ the guys daughter that I am dating.

kittykat2009

Asked by kittykat2009 at 2:27 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Ewww...Kittycat...that is my moms nickname too..
    You might be in trouble with this ?..
    I would say that since you are the girlfriend, not your BF's fiance nor wife...
    the step mom role is out for you now..
    I am going to come back on this one.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:32 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You don't learn how... it's something that has to come naturally. Do you get along with her? Do you feel maternal?
    You treat her the same way you woud your own daughter.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont talk bad about her mom. thats what my step mom did at first and it made me not talk to my dad for 2 years. and dont try to take over the role of being her mom. if her mom is still alive then let her mom be her mom. just make sure she knows that she can trust you and that if she tells you something that she is scared to tell her mom or her dad then be there for her like a best friend to back her up when she tells them whats going on. kinda like to keep the peace and keep everyone calm. thats when my step mom started to become super close with me and more of a mom then my real mom.
    Anonymous

• Well if you guys are just boyfriend and girlfriend then I would just treat her the same way you would want your own child to be treated. If things are more serious than just that then I would suggest finding a group on here to join for step parenting
    Anonymous