what can i do to sleep better at night while pregnant?

just cant seem to get comfy at night to get to sleep.....what do you do or did you do to get more sleep at night?

proudmama2be88

Asked by proudmama2be88 at 2:39 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when I was too big to sleep on my tummy, and unable to sleep on my back, all I had was the sides. and SO snored, so I had two reasons I couldnt fall asleep LOL. I slept with lots of pillows. a body pillow, or long pillow is a good choice. you can prop it between your legs to support your spine and snuggle it with your arms which feels comfy! I also had a pillow propped behind my back to prevent me from rolling onto my back, but it also felt good and supportive. there are boppy pillows for pregnant women which have lots of support!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• PILLOWS...you can arrange them anyway you like to make yourself comfy I couldnt live without them <3
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• um...when you find out let me know, lol. although, i'm close to the end of my pregnancy now...and know, that i will still be sleep deprived....sometimes listening to relaxation/meditation music, taking a warm bubble bath and deep breathing will help me fall asleep. but, i'm so uncomfortable..pillows don't help, i toss and turn with hip bones cracking in pain...i wake up to go to the bathroom every hour...so, i'm right there with you...
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i use a body pillow & take tylenol pm
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would love to know the secret of falling asleep and staying asleep!! I'm 35 weeks, and use a pillow between my legs, one behind my back, one under my head and one under my belly. I wake up EVERY other hour and my baby wakes up with me, so I get kicked once back in bed. She's VERY moody for a baby in the womb.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 3:55 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'm not a good sleeper as it is... So when I was close to the end of my pregnancy I got NO sleep. NOTHING helped, EVER!!! I was lucky if I slept for 3 hours.
    IrishMomma727

Answer by IrishMomma727 at 4:41 PM on May. 11, 2009