Anyone else hate to cook

Is there a group for moms who hate to cook and are poor so don't have much money to spend on food but still have 3 mouths to feed. (me and 2 kids age 6 and 2 so don't eat much)

BriceAllisonMom

Asked by BriceAllisonMom at 11:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• There is a group on here that has a lot of crockpot meals, if you have one. It's great because you can search through the recipes and find one with cheap ingredients and it normally lasts a while. Enough to save leftovers and eat off of the next day. I believe there is also a caserole group on here.
    I like the crockpot meals.. because you just throw it together.. let it cook overnight and not have to worry at the last minute what's for dinner.
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I actually love cooking....but I know what you mean about needing to eat on a tiny budget. Dried beans are great...just soak overnight. White bean soup, red beans and rice, potato soup, spaghetti...all very inexpensive meals to prepare. Make large portions and freeze for homemade tv dinners.
    sskyesmom

Answer by sskyesmom at 9:22 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I don't like cooking either. It takes me forever it seems to make a complete meal. I do enjoy baking though. Once I tried to make a hamburger and salad in 30 minutes, you know, like Rachael Ray...it took me at least 45 minutes to make a lousy hamburger and salad! Maybe if I had a larger fancy kitchen I would enjoy cooking more. You are not alone!
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:16 PM on Jun. 21, 2008