Birthcontrol advice

hey im due anyday now and I just read a question about Mirena and it made me think. What birth control am I gonna use because im definently not ready to get pregnant again anytime soon. Any suggestion?

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 3:09 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• DON'T GET MIRENA!!!! (thats my advice lol) No i got cysts on my ovaries from that stupid thing and while it was great because i could have sex unprotected and have no worries, when one of my cysts ruptured and i ended up in the emergency room....it SUCKED! to say the least.....my suggestions would be the pill, any of them are good. I was on seasonique until we decided to get pregnant again, and it was great.
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 3:13 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yea I tried to pill but im bad at taking it everyday..thats how this happened in the first place..any suggestions for something that I dont have to take daily...I hate needles so the shots not an option..if it was anything like getting blood drawn it's be ok but all my friend had bruises for weeks after (ouch)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was on Tri- Nessa when I became pregnant and I never missed a pill. I took it everyday. But then again everybody's body if different so it might work for you.

zacharysmommie2

Answer by zacharysmommie2 at 3:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I got pregnant with my youngest on the pill. I tried the IUD and my body rejected it, I bled for a month straight so had to have it removed. My doctor suggested I try the patches which is changing once a week and you get the week of your period off. I used it for about 5 years and never had any complications on it. I got off it last january to try to conceive and stopped in August because we couldn't get pregnant and it was too stressful, got back on it in September and in November I found out i was pregnant! I think eveyone's body is different. This will be our 4th child so I am done..but check out the patch, it's convinient and easy.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was on a generic pill with no estrogen (so i could still nurse) and it worked. We couldnt afford it for a while and so we ended up pregnant again.. We do not know the meaning of self control.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 4:16 PM on May. 11, 2009