Swinger couples?

We have some friends that are swingers, and they have invited dh and I to a party they are having next weekend. We are not sure about it, but don't want there to be any ackwardness or hurt feelings.

How common are swingers? Has anyone ever been to a party, and if someone invited you, what would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• first... talk to your hubby about it... then i would talk to the couple & ask them more info.. EVERY party can be diffrent & have diffrent rules..
    If your curious. id say just that.. "hey we are curious what goes on but dont know if we will actually join in..." Im sure they will LOVE to answer any & all questions you have!
    Ive heard some people going to just watch & only being with their own parter..
    (Ive NEVER been a swinger or anything like that.. this is just what ive heard)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It seems like a growing number of people do that stuff. I never would. It's just me and my man...no one else allowed. I wouldn't want to send anyone else the wrong mesage.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't know any swingers... and if I did, and they invited me to a party... I'd say "NO". That's not for us, we don't believe in such things and wouldn't want to be a part of it. So it would be pretty cut-and-dry for us (no pun intended). Don't even know if I would associate with swingers... considering how bad other people are of making you guilty by association when the rumors start flying... and they always fly.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Well me and my husband had a threesome with a friend of mine and afterward there were hurt feelings, insecurities, ect. I dont know if it would be different with both of us with someone else but i couldnt take the jealousy. Mind you he REFUSED to let me "be with" another man so it HAD to be a girl girl guy threesome.....my advice is dont do it but everyones different
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 3:17 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Ive got the most funny story about this. Long time ago we were drinking and I mean drinking pretty heavy. Somehow they asked my DH if he would like to swing. Goof ball had no idea what they meant and said SURRRE... They had a huge porch swing. Well DH walks home and leaves me there. So now Im complaining that he couldnt hang when they ask me if I wanna swing and that DH said it was ok. Well young and dumb I say what do you mean swing. They explain it. Now Im blazing mad. Stormed out and walked home to get DH up out of bed, ranting and raving about swinging. To this day he still claims he had no idea what they were talking about and he thought they meant the porch swing. Needless to say, I marched right back the next day and told them to keep their swinging ways to themselfves. Didnt do much for the friendship, but we still laugh like all heck over swinging.
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 3:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If you go then you are agreeing to "play" with other couples. I could never do that. I think any and all sexual contact is cheating..... Some couple are able to do it and live happily together and others it tears them apart cause jealousy eventually sets in......If you have any kind of jealousy at all then Don't do it. I call that relationship suicide (no bashing) I don't judge others just not for me:) If you aren't comfortable playng you shoud bow out of the party gracefully:)
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 3:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if you not into that sort of thing than just say so. They will understand and if they don't then your better off without them. I personally think live and let live if that's what they are into than and you are not than you can either be friends and respect each others choices or not be friends at all
    mssemmy

Answer by mssemmy at 4:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't know any and I would decline any such invitation. I am sure there are some perfectly happy couples who do this, but I stood in a church before God and promised to "keep only unto him" and I take that very seriously.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:23 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If you are married, and you vowed to cleave only to each other until death you do part, then, isn't this breaking those vows? I'm just saying.........
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• only swingn i ever do is in my head and I know that if I ever were to say yes I'd be in a mess of trouble...hurt feelings, confused, regretful, ect.. only way I'd say yes to it were if I planned to never see any of those people again! lol good luck with that
    mother.of2

Answer by mother.of2 at 11:08 PM on May. 11, 2009