I swear to god, if i have to pull one more un-edible object out of my babys mouth..!!

My 10 month old keeps finding things on the floor and eating them. I have to take her to the bathroom with me just to keep her from choking on something. And i dont understand where this stuff is coming from! Our house is spotless! We just moved in! There is NOTHING on ANY of our floors! Last night she picked up a Motrin IB tablet, from where i dont know, but she had it. Just now i removed a screw from her mouth. A SCREW. What the hell!! I vaccum every day! I dont know what to do but this is driving me crazy. I have to watch her like a hawk, if i turn my head for just one second she finds something shiney to eat. We're getting a play yard in two weeks, but until then is there any advice you can give me?
Thank you so much to all of you who respond!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I understand your frustration! I also have a very clean house, yet my little guy will find the strangest things on the floor. Anyway, I don't think you can do anything other than what you're already doing (watching her like a hawk). We have a play yard and the Baby Einstein musical bouncy chair.. those items have been invaluable. Can you stick her in her crib for a few minutes?
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 3:29 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sorry! It's normal though. I have one just like you. By the time she was 18 months she choked on a piece of hamburger and swallowed a quarter. Just keep on watching her.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I am so grateful for our play yard. It keeps her contained so that I don't have to worry. Sorry but what you are experiencing is completely normal for a child of that age.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:41 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i have a play yard and my DD still eats everything because she hates that thing!!! her favorite thing to pick up and eat is DOG FOOD!! its so disgusting honestly to keep DD from eating things id rather her not eat i shove her B in lol (her paci) and then she cant get stuff in
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I feel your pain, I really do, my almost nine month old does this all the time too anything he finds goes straight to his mouth doesnt matter what it is, and I too have a very clean, and what I would like to think is "baby proof" house, however he still finds crap from where I have no idea, just the other day I looked down at him and he had an onion skin in his mouth chewing on it where it came from IDK. I really wish I had some advice for ya but all I can really say is I think all babies do that stuff, and just keep trying to pick up everything you happen to see
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• IDK where it comes from, but all 3 of mine have found stuff that I have no clue where it came from
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 3:58 PM on May. 11, 2009

• lol totally normal
    but if you just moved in there make sure you are getting along the wall really well cause stuff hides there th ebest
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• lol welcome to world of a 1o month old!
    michele101183

Answer by michele101183 at 7:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Wow, my daughter must be odd, because she NEVER puts anything in her mouth . . . unfortunately this includes food. I still have to feed her everything. She is constantly getting into stuff, but she never puts it in her mouth . . it's strange. I agree though, if there is something on the floor that could be scary . . .she finds it! lol
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:32 PM on May. 11, 2009