Does anyone have an abdominal hernia that causes pain after eating, have you noticed some foods causing more pain?

I have 3 abdominal hernias. With my last pregnancy I had one hernia repaired, only to develop three more. A Dr. told me there was no point in fixing them because they would come back (I'll be getting a second opinion). Alot of the time I have no symptoms except the bulging on one side of my stomache and above my bellybutton. But at times I have a lot of pain after eating. Does anyone else have this problem, and have you noticed some foods seem to make the pain worse. I think any type of bread causes my hernia to hurt. But sometimes I have serious pain without eating bread. I wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• my bf noticed that, he had a couple of doctors tell him he has a hernia and he has the pain symptoms but no bulges just small bumps and they won't help him much either
    but yeah when he eats he has pain from it, also try to be easier on your body with lifting heavy weights, we think thats how he developed his issue
    Ilovefireworks

Answer by Ilovefireworks at 4:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yes have a hernia that I got from pregnancy, and it's above my belly button, It didn't hurt at first just a bulge but now it hurts off and on and expecailly alot today and yest, I think dairy make make it hurt worse and greasy foods, I'm not sue about the foods though. I am seeing a general surgeon who specializes in hernia repair this thurs for a consultation, I say go get them fixed asap, If they rupture then you'll be in extreme amounts of pain and will have to go to the er for emergency surgery!!
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 10:43 PM on May. 17, 2009