How long after a MC did to take for AF to show?

I had a MC on May 3. I was only bleeding for 3 days...(2 heave and 1 spotting) then nothing. I was wondering how long it may take for my cycle to get back to normal so we can get ready to try again.

Avetay

Asked by Avetay at 3:30 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It depends on the person and on how far along you were. All but one of my m/c ended before 8 weeks, and it would take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to get AF back.
    Anonymous

• It usually takes 4-6 weeks however you really need to give your body time to heal! Your body just went through something traumatic and it needs time to recover! My doctor told me that you need to wait at least 2-3 cycles! I am speaking from very personal experience!!! I understand your anxiousness to have a baby and believe me you would want to wait till you are healed well so your body can handle your next pregnancy!!!

I am sorry for your loss and hope you are doing well!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I GOT MY PERIOD WITHIN 4 WEEKS BUT IT WASNT REGULAR TILL THE 3RD MONTH.
    mommy19741974

Answer by mommy19741974 at 5:17 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I miscarried in mid Oct 2007 at 8 weeks. I had a period the following month in Nov. Around Christmas we decided we would start trying again. We started charting everything and in March 2008 found out we were pregnant again. My doc suggested waiting at least 1-2 cycles before trying.
    debrapag2001

Answer by debrapag2001 at 5:28 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I tracked my ovulation using those ovulation predictor kits. (OPK). During my miscarriage I bled for about 3 days, then 2 weeks later I ovulated, and then had a normal period the next month...so from the first day of the miscarriage to my next period was about 32 days, which was normal for me. My doctor said I could try to get pregnant right away since it was such an early miscarriage, so we did try right away, but unfortunatly I didnt get pregnant until 8 months later. I think I stressed too much about geting pregnant is why it took so long.
    brennan7707

Answer by brennan7707 at 9:43 AM on May. 12, 2009