ok someone told me of this way to make sure you get a girl when trying to concieve...

she said it costs about 20,000
i forgot what it was called
does anyone know what im talkign about?
has anyone had it done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Don't waste your money. There's a 50/50 chance of a boy or a girl with each single pregnancy.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 3:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• No. Never heard of it and wouldn't do it. I don't mess with nature. If there is some procedure you can have done to make sure you get a certain sex of baby, I think you are messing with fire. You get what you get and everyone should accept it. I wanted a girl but am pregnant with a boy and I am perfectly fine with that. There is a natural way to IMPROVE your chances of having a girl which is to have sex a few days before you ovulate because female sperm tend to move slower than male sperm. However it is not guarenteed to work. A child is a blessing whether a its a boy or girl and I don't think people need to start messing with that. Its only going to cause problems.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Probably involves going to a lab and getting the sperm separated. And even then...there's really no guarantee if the embryo doesn't take.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• u are probably talking about gender selection...some doctors will do that with the help of IVF
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:53 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree I would not mess with nature. I worked for an infertility clinic before, I have never heard of anything like that. Either way I would not try it, I know sometimes you wish for a boy or a girl, but once your child is here, and they are healthy, that fades away.
    Jillian79501

Answer by Jillian79501 at 5:09 PM on May. 11, 2009