When to stop the portable potty.....

My DD has been potty trained for a month now and I still keep her little potty in our den. She uses it most of the time but sometimes uses our potty. Should I make her start using our potty all the time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have her potty next to our toilet. She's short and can't get onto our potty by herself even with a step stool. So there her potty will stay until she's taller.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I've never usd a little potty ... But my son is tall for his age, and could stand up without a stool to pee in the toliet (although he still sits on the toliet, I'll let his dad do the standing stuff). But if she can get up there, and hold herself up then I'd get rid of the little pottty.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 4:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's really a personal preference and for me, it's the layout of our home.  I keep my son in the kitchen/dining room/family room area during the day where he can play, we can eat, and we have access to the back yard and side yard.  We go down the hallway for nap time, bath time, and bedtime, so for us the little potty is kept in the far corner of the family room tucked under the lamp table.  I run the bowl down to the bathroom after each use.  This works best for us, however, if we had a half bath off the family room, he would use the big toilet.  He is 28 months and has been out of diapers for 9 months this week.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 4:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• We never used those. All of our kids learned sitting on the toilet (with one of those little seats over it). Our bathroom is on the 2nd floor and my youngest dd's room is on the first floor. She still learned to use the potty and has been going up to use it alone since she was 2 1/2 with no trouble. She occasionally has accidents because she waits too long so we clean them up and she learns to time things better.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:21 PM on May. 11, 2009