When to allow wiping themselves.......

My DD has been potty trained for a month now and I am still wiping her. Should I let her do the wiping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• i would try to teach her. Let her try. And then finish if she doesn't clean herself well enough.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 3:43 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Only, if you want a mess. I say 4-5.
    Anonymous

• My nephew just turned five. His mother let him wipe himself from the time he was potty trained. It was too early and now he doesn't do a very good job and sometimes smells like poop. It is so gross. He also uses any fabric thing in the bathroom as toilet paper...shirts, towels, washcloths. It is gross...keep wiping your kid until they know what they are doing.
    I wiped my oldest kids bum until he went to kindergarten.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 3 i let her wipe herself but i have to check her and be in the room so i can make sure she is going the correct way.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Probably around 3 or 3.5. My 2.5 year old son wipes sometimes and the tp gets stuck up his butt and it does make a huge mess.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:55 PM on May. 11, 2009

• DD has been potty trained for awhile now and I let her wipe then I wipe. She's 2.5.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'm with aly. Let your child wipe, then follow up behind your daughter to make sure she didn't miss any spots. I use the toddler flushable wipes.
    Anonymous