Is this heathy for you?

I just ate 4 begals with fat free cream cheese for lunch. Did I over do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If the bagels were whole grain, then not so bad.
    You should be eating 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day and 7 servings of whole grains a day.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes you over did it. Go look at the calories alone in bagels.

Anonymous

• Probably not a good idea. Empty calories and a bunch of carbs. But occasionally it is nice to indulge ourselves.

Answer by Bmat at 3:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Oh hon, 4? (not judging because I've been there and done that with other foods) One, even with FF cream cheese is plenty. It probably would be better for you to have 1 or 2 with regular cream cheese than to have that many with FF cream cheese.

I know sometimes we think we're super hungry or think since we're giving up the full fat cream cheese, dressing, etc. we can indulge in other things, but you really have to be careful.

Even though lots of people (including myself) tend to think bagels are good for you, they really aren't. It's better to have an egg Mcmuffin from McDonalds than to eat a bagel with cream cheese.

Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:42 PM on May. 11, 2009