Looking for bedroom ideas for 3 year old girl........

I am in the process for looking for new bedding for my daughters room. She is still in her crib with the front off. I am moving her into a queen sized bed and it has been hard to find queen size bedding for a little girl. Her walls are pink, with a painted tree, flowers, bees, etc. Would it look right to have a polka dot bedding? How is your DD's room decorated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• my daughter is in a toddler bed so she has elmo for her room, but will probably be redoing it sometime in the next few months b/c she has grown out of it, and then i think i'll go with more of a fantasy type theme with princesses, and castles etc b/c that is what shes into now. but you should be able to find bedding that has flowers on it for a queen sized bed. and you could go with just all flowers, or with fairy land and hang a canopy or something over the bed, and put the wall decals on that just peel off and don't take off the paint.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• why are you putting a 3 year old in a QUEEN size bed? she is used to the comfort of her own small bed. she is not gonna feel safe and comfortable in a queen size bed. you should try a toddler bed or a twin size bed. she will not adjust to the queen size bed. it is too big.

i think a light pink, green, and purple comforter with butterflies would look very pretty.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I think that would be fine as long as the colors matched what was in the room at least to some degree. you can also get really plain bedding. i know its not as fun, but walmart and i am sure other brands have solid colored bedding. you could also try a pink plaid or something like that. i might try to pick a color though that was in the tree, flowers or bees rather than going with main color on the wall. but that is just me. my LO is only 10 months. Her room isn't painted yet because we moved in about a month or so before she was born and the house needed other more important work done. Her bedding though is purple with butterflys and plaid. i love it! way to expensive though lol. it was my big expense for her because i loved it so much. my SD is 8 and just painted her room around christmas a cranberry pink! kind of dark, but we let her pick and she will have to stick with it until she can pay for something else.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:03 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't know your price range, but even if you don't buy from here, it is great for getting ideas. I just love looking at the catolog.
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romgir/index.cfm
    But yes, I think if done right poka dots sound cute with your colors.
    My lil man has sports theame in his room, but has a queen/twin bunk beds and it was hard to find kid theme in Queen, mine is from JCPenneys online.
    GL
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 4:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My 2 year old had a queen bed :) She loved it..but whe we moved we got rid of it and she is now sleeping in her crib without the front also. IM looking to get my girl just a twin due to room size.. I figured I would do black and pink in her room. Google bedding or bed bath and beyond :D

good luck
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 4:05 PM on May. 11, 2009

• my daughters room was strawberry shortcake when she was 3..and still sorta is, shes 5, but its slowly changing into hannah montana
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:33 PM on May. 11, 2009