Is this normal...did either one of you moms deal with this while pregnant??

Everytime i raise my hands over my head i get really dizzy! and feel as it i could fall over and pass out i am three months pregnant and im just wondering if this is something i should mention to my doctor??

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 4:00 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happens to me all the time. I asked doc, he said its because you have more blood flowing through your body (20% more)

So its like a head rush!

Perfectly normal.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:02 PM on May. 11, 2009

• That never happened to me, i would mention it to your dr. Since you mentioned putting your hands over your head i should mention that my grandmother lost a baby at 8 months along because she did that and the umbilical cord became detached from the placenta, so when you get farther along PLEASE don't do that. As far as the dizziness it doesn't sound normal so i would just check with the dr. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Dizziness is a big part of pregnancy, but you should mention it to your doctor just to make sure your blood pressure is were it's supposed to be. I am ending my 5th month and I still get dizzy on occasion, usually if I put my head down or get up too fast, but always ask your doc just to be sure. Hope this helps, good luck!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 4:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• To JNSDRF, my grandmother and mom told me that could happen (the umbilical cord)

I asked my doc, 4 nurses, and another OB, if it was possible, and its not from putting your hands over your head.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:07 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with mommyofaurora i asked my doc also, about the hands over the head thing it is a total myth, an old wives tale pretty much.
    Anonymous

• That's normal I had that all trough pregnancy with both kids. Because there's more blood flowing trough your body when pregnant plus I had nose bleeds. My Dr said it's a normal thing in pregnancy.

Fiammetta07Anma

Answer by Fiammetta07Anma at 4:19 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Well i'm not disagreeing with you because i asked my dr about it too and got the same responce but i will never do it because my grandmother was a housekeeper and she was cleaning something over her head and felt it when it happened, she went strait to the er and was told the baby had died. So you can say it is an old wives tale and what not but it was caused by her cleaning something over her head. The chances are one in a million i guess but it can happen. I just don't want it to happen to someone else if i could help prevent it. That's the only reason i mentioned it.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:40 PM on May. 11, 2009