Is it normal for you feet to swell, if so how far along is it normal?

I am only 9 weeks and my feet are swolen, now I've heard that it's normal, but this early on? I thought my feet wouldn't swell atleast untill i was showing a great deal and really heavy. I am barely starting to show and my feet are swolen and my calf muscles and leg muscles are sore. Is this normal this early?????

TAB_517912

Asked by TAB_517912 at 4:06 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's different for everyone I think. Have you had a doc appt yet? I would call your doc just to make sure it doesn't have to do with your blood pressure because high blood pressure can cause swelling in hands and feet too. I would set up an appt as soon as possible to rule out any problems. I never had swelling with either of my two and none yet with this pregnancy but only time will tell. Make sure your drinking enough water and lay off the salt if you are eating too much of it. Alot of foods had hidden salt in them so check labels.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 4:17 PM on May. 11, 2009

• im 6 weeks and my hands have been swolen. So yes its normal
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:33 PM on May. 11, 2009

• The entire time I was pregnant I had HUGE SWELLING.. no morning sickness though.. lol

JESUSCARES4YOU2

Answer by JESUSCARES4YOU2 at 5:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. It might help.

I often get swelling in one of my ankles (weird I know) But often it can be fixed by making sure I get a bit extra water.

Also, when you have your dr appt, ask about it.

Oh and sit with your feet up. :)
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 6:41 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Some swelling is normal. Like willdoda said, be sure to drink plenty of water and keep your feet up as much as you can. Do you work? With my 1st pregnancy I worked at a bank as a teller and my legs/feet we soooo swollen. With this pregnancy I've had no swelling, but I'm not on my feet ALL day either. Also, I would talk to you Dr about the swelling. Swelling can SOMETIMES mean other things. So, just to be on the safe side talk with the doc about it. Also, some supportive socks-like the kinds diabetics wear may help. Congrats!
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 8:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Well I have not had a dr. app I cannot be seen untill June 1st. I do not work, but I am in school, its a two story school, not fun. But I get out May 29 and graduate June 5. After that i dont knkow if I'll be working or not. Thank you all for your answers i will be sure to do all of them, maybe the swelling will stop.

Thank you and Congrats to all of you!!!!!

♥ Beccah and Baby!!!!!
    TAB_517912

Answer by TAB_517912 at 10:24 PM on May. 13, 2009