anyone have problems with gaining weight AFTER giving birth?

i keep gaining weight and i dont know what to do... i feel like i look fat and i hate it... anyone have any suggestions on what to do to lose weight or not gain weight?
ive tried exersizeing and it dosnt work....

dorkasaur

Asked by dorkasaur at 4:16 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• I suggest you join the healthy weight loss group they are very supportive and will help with your questions.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 4:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You should go to your doctor and get your Thyriod checked too.
    A hypo active thyriod can lead to weight gain issues and post partum hormones can cause that.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 4:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Exercising will not work if you don't change your eating habits. I joined Weight Watchers a few years ago and was astonished at how much overeating I was doing ...

Look at what your eating and make some changes. Keep exercising. It *will* work if you change your eating habits and continue to exercise.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with PP. Weight Watchers. They have a special program if you're nursing. I've lost 18 pounds in 4 months and 2 pants sizes. I was really surprised at how much I was eating before I started tracking, too.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 9:03 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i dont have bad eating habits, i eat alot healthier than i ewver had before, and im compleatly broke, so i cant afford weight watchers......
    dorkasaur

Answer by dorkasaur at 12:15 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You need to exercise, whether or not you are trying to lose weight.
    When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, and really hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits and veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Now, eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Add beans, lentils, and tofu to your diet. Feel free to ask me any questions. You can also go to your local library and take out any book by Dr. McDougall; there is also a free meal plan with recipes on his website: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 AM on May. 12, 2009