How to train a puppy not to pe/poop in house....

We just got a 6 weeks old boxer and she is staying in the house some during the day but staying outside in a huge cage in the garage at night as I am not a fan of house dogs. She has pooped on my rug and peed on my hard woods today. I can't stand it, I feel like my whole house smells and is dirty! HELP!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pets

• The easiest way to housebreak a dog is by crate training or you can set up a small area for her to roam around in and lay down puppy pads and make sure you take her out a lot.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Take the dog outside frequently, like every hour, and definitely after the dog eats. Do not give the dog any water after 7pm. Crate training is very useful.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:15 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if you do catch the dog going potty in the house DO NOT rub his nose in it. that makes them think that going potty is bad. all at the same time, make a loud short noise (clap or make a vocal sound) and scoop him up and put him outside.
    when you are going to take him out for a regular potty break, scratch his paw on the door everytime, eventually he will get it and start doing that if he wants out. i potty trained my pooch by the time he was 3 months old, i got him when he was 4 weeks old.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:38 PM on May. 11, 2009