why do ppl think it is so bad to be a teen mom?

dnt hide behind aons cause thats just lame if u belive what u say then why hide it?

mommyinjune0992

Asked by mommyinjune0992 at 4:32 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it is bad to be a teen mom I just think that it is better to wait until you have had a chance to truly live life your self before you have a child. Does that make since?

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 4:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Because you haven't had life expirience and sometimes the financial means and resources to take care of a little one. Most of the time it would have been better to wait until you were an established adult with money and other resources. I had achild at 19 and I agree that it is better to wait, although nothing bad came of me being a teen mom and in fact, he is a very outgoing and bright child. It would have been better had I waited.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Because we all know that it's a LOT harder than it seems.......It's one thing to keep a baby that was a 'surprise". It's a whole other thing to "try" to have a baby when you are a teen!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I say this as some one who had their child young and alone.
    Teenagers really don't have the ability to comprehend what they are doing when they opt to have children at a young age. It's not entirely their fault, the frontal lobes of your brain aren't fully developed until about 21 and that's where your long term planning and abstract thinking skills reside.

Teenage mothers are less likely to graduate high school, LESS likely to achieve a college education and there for more likely to be in low paying, entry level jobs perpetually, and more likely to be reliant on government resources to survive and that has a great deal of social stigma on it.

Teen mothers statistically tend to come from troubled back grounds themselves (for more reasons then I have characters to describe).

Being a young single mom is hard. It's a hard hard hole to dige yourself out of and no one wants that for their daughter/sister/friend.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 4:41 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree that it's better to wait. There are some teens who defintely arnen't ready, emotionally or financially to be moms. Then there are some who are. A close friend of mine was a teen mom. She had her son at 16 and is now happily married with 4 kids. They own their house and are doing very well. I personally have nothing against them.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't judge a person by their age, but their actions.. satistically, teen moms aren't as financially stable, as mature, etc, as women in their 20's, 30's, and 40's... but there are lot of older women that are a mess too...

so ex...if your a teen mom.. go to school, and are support your child, and working on getting your future together.. then you have my respect.. if your a teen, who dropped out, and still lives with mom and/or dad, and aren't doing anything to help with raising your child, then you don't..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:58 PM on May. 11, 2009

• But I'm going to look at a grown woman, and give or not give respect on those same grounds as well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• They're not mature enough to be having sex, much less having babies. It's better to wait to have children until after you're in a stable marriage, financially stable, done with school, & not living with your parents.
    MB80sGirl

Answer by MB80sGirl at 5:08 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I always tell my 10 yr old boy to not rush through life, to live each moment , and to enjoy being a kid, because once u have a kid its not about u..
    Anonymous

• To be perfectly honest, I really haven't had many people bash on me because I'm a teen mom. It could be because I'm a lot more mature than most girls my age(I'm 17, turning 18 next saturday), I graduated school two months early, and I will be getting my diploma next friday and then starting online classes through the community college in my area. I'm with my sons father, and we're getting married in a couple years when everything settles down and we have the money for it. No, I've never been on birth control but that's just because my mom wouldn't put me on it because she thought I'd go out and have sex, which I did anyways but I ALWAYS used a condom, and the one time I didn't I got pregnant. Do I regret it? Not one bit because I knew the consequences. I'm thankful for my son, even though he won't be here until August, but he's made a much better person of me. He's not a "mistake", everything happens for a reason.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 5:20 PM on May. 11, 2009