Did anyone else go through this???

Maybe im overeacting but i am 3 months pregnant with my second child. My oldest is 15 months. She was my moms first grandchild. Well the other day i find out that my SIL is pregnant is only 5 weeks, but is already telling EVERYONE! Ever since they told my mom she seems to be more interested her being pregnant than me. She even had the nerve to say she hopes they have a boy and not me, because it would be my grandparents first great grandson! To me it personally dont matter. But i just hate how they are being about it. My Sil had her first ultrasound this morning and my mom called me all excited. Is it normal to feel like this even though i have already had my first child. Im not saying at all that i want all the attetion or that i dont want my mom to be happy for them just wish she would stop playing favorites. Anyone else feel me on this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I feel the same way, my b/f fam treats their first grandson like gold and hardly ever pay any attention to their second grandson, #1 grandson get to go there whenever he wants and they get him things all the time, when #2 wants to go they say no and they never do anything for him. I'm stuck playin cleanup and makin excuses for them to my little guy it breaks my heart everytime #1 goes and #2 has to stay. I have 2 sons and 1 stepson. I treat them all the same!!! no matter what,if i do for one i do for all!!!
    Iryshmom

Answer by Iryshmom at 4:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• well my mom has never really been super excited about any of my pregnancies but my MIL was so excited with my first son, she baught him all kinds of stuff before i even got to my second trimester lol. but when i was pregnant with my 2nd son she didnt seem to care too much and she didnt even come to my babyshower. when my 1st was born she was constantly asking to babysit (she still bugs me to let her have him at least 2days a week and is always buying him stuff) but my she has only watched my baby 1 time and that was cause I had to go to work and couldnt find another sitter. but she always picks my 4 year old up and never takes the baby with her. she tells the baby that when he turns 3 she will start watching him, but he is only 9months old. with my first son she was tryin to take him right after he was born! my son isnt her 1st gbaby. its her 7th so who knows. i understand though! sorry hope it changes 4u
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 3:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Maybe it's just that she is excited because it's THEIR first baby. My family has always been a little jealous of my son too. He was the first grandchild, and even though they now have 6 and one more on the way, he is still the first. Don't get me wrong, they love all their grandkids and treat them all the same when they are together, but my son and I live in the same town and they get to see Xhander a lot more than the other kids, so they know him better. My sister is actually worried that I may have a girl, since her daughter is the only girl. Ugg, I love all these kids just as much as the next, it makes me feel bad that there is jealousy at all...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:08 AM on May. 12, 2009