This is a spin off of "if you had to choice your child over your husband who would you choice me i would choice my daughter over my husband in a heart beat"

As some of the replies said ask a man who he would choose, he would choose the mom... would you want a man who would choose a women over their child?

Personally I would not but that is my opininon.

ERV2009

Asked by ERV2009 at 4:34 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats not a hard ? at all. Of course I would chose my child and my SO would also chose child.
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 4:36 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would choose my kids. My kids are more important then some man. I also think it all depends on the situation.

This is just a example, but if I was dying giving birth & the doctor told my husband he needed to choose between me & our child he would choose me. We have other kids together & also we could always try for another at a later time.

Anonymous

• Would choose my child. I'm not sure my husband would, but I am going to ask now!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 4:43 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'm probly going to be bashed for this but I think it would depend on the situation. I know my husband would choose our current son over me. However, if I was delivering baby #2 and the dr said only one of us would survive, my husband would choose me over baby #2. Only for the simple fact that we have our son I need to look after as well. I know it seems harsh but...
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 4:47 PM on May. 11, 2009

• The example given by anon :38 is a very good point.

When my grandmother was giving birth to my mum they needed to make the decision of which one to save. My grandad had to make the choice and he chose my grandmother. Luckily my mum pulled through and both were ok. But, i think he made the right choice. And, i have discussed this with my SO and he would also choose me. If that situation arose.

I will always choose my child. But, that doesn;t mean my SO is just "Some man" He would choose our child too. Depending on the situation.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 4:47 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Of course i would choose my child/children and i know my husband would too even though my son is not biologically his he would choose him over me too, that's how it should be.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• When you put it that way my husband would choose me if it meant i could die beause like pp said we can always try for another baby.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• LOL it seems as though EVERY one misunderstood my question... Would you really want a man who chooses a women (be it you or his SO what ever the situation) over his child? Personally I would not want the man.

ERV2009

Answer by ERV2009 at 5:07 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It really depends on the situation. Why would he be choosing me over the kids? What are the circumstances? If I were in labour and he had to choose, he'd choose me. If we were in a capsizing boat he'd choose the kids. This is not a question that can be answered without some details. Plus it's very hard to understand, I hate to be the grammar police, but you don't choice someone, you choose them.

And I would not be choosing "some man" over my kids, in not so many years my kids will be out of my home living their own lives, I make my marriage a priority because when the kids are gone I want to have a healthy marriage and a loving husband to spend the rest of my life with. I think that showing my kids that A: they are not the center of the universe and B: what a happy, healthy marriage is, is a great example of what they should be looking for in their own relationships, whatever type they have.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I quoted another post, I did not correct their grammar, as you can see my grammar is fine. As the original post is not specific, for the sake of discussion, let us say that they had to choose due to life and death and this is a child/ children not a new born although to me it would be the same choice. Or if you prefer: Would you want to be with a man who chose to be with a woman that his children could not be around due to her criminal history or some other such reason?

ERV2009

Answer by ERV2009 at 5:33 PM on May. 11, 2009