Still trying with economy?

So I am just curious...is anyone holding off trying from the economy? My husband just got laid off a month ago and I am having a very hard time finding a job since I am just graduated and entry level. I have sort of lost my enthusiasm to try right now because I am afraid of not having enough money. It makes no sense to me to have another if we will just need government assistance. We havent stopped trying all together, just simply not putting effort into it. Though every month I still get nervous and hope that I did get pregnant. It is a hard situation for me to deal with. Just curious if anyone else is questioning concieving with all that is going on?

RodeoGirlUSA1

Asked by RodeoGirlUSA1 at 4:40 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It is hard to say really. My son is 1.5 years and I do not believe that I will be trying for another until the economy is in a better place unless I have a stable job and the means to raise another child. I do get annoyed when I hear a woman complaining about not being able to conceive when she is not working, her hubby has 4 children that are not hers to support already, she thinks that child support amounts are unfair and are causing them hardships.
    ERV2009

Answer by ERV2009 at 5:46 PM on May. 11, 2009

• We are doing pretty well money wise, even though my worry wart of a fiance would claim otherwise. Becuase of a carpet cleaning business we started it looks like we'll make about $20,000+ more this year than last. I also sell on eBay and we are consultants with Ambit Energy. eBay is finally starting to get better for me after a long slump!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i know that wanting a baby and being able to support one is two different things but wouldnt u rather not have the extra stress of being unable to support that baby while you r pregnant? but then there r a lot of people (in my family) that think we shouldnt have all the kids we have we have 7 and another on the way but i say to them they dont have to support our kids we do and they dont NEED anything and rarely WANT anything so they dont get a vote on how many kids we have and when.
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 9:37 PM on May. 11, 2009