Do you ever have days were you feel so alone even though there's so many people that care about you in your life?

Today I just feel all alone. Yesterday being Mother's Day, myself and my 3 boys were out at the parents all day, and I just felt so out of place. My sister and her hubby looked so happy w/ their 6 mo. old. An my other sister was outside playing with her son and daughter, and later one my brother came down w/ him and his wife's 2 girl. And then there was me...single mom of a 4 yr. old, 3 yr old, and almost 4 mo. old. I just wanted to know where I went wrong and they went right. (Just pitty partyin myself sorry! But I just feel so alone right now)

lifegoeson2

Asked by lifegoeson2 at 4:41 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Loneliness can be selfish. Start thinking of all those people who love you & stop thinking about yourself & what you don't have. Count the good things in your life, & don't wallow in yourself. Get out of your shell & enjoy the enjoyable things in your life right now. ME, ME, ME....why can't you just be happy for them? Your lonelinesswill subside when you start being happy for others, & yourself. Be the change that you want right now, & stop thinking your lonely. Loneliness is a downward spiral.

Anonymous

• I feel ya! I always feel alone! No one to talk to, no one to share the ups and downs with, etc. SUCKS!!
    CariadSpawn

Answer by CariadSpawn at 4:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Geesh, anon. If only the human psyche worked that way. I hope that none of your loved ones ever suffer from depression, because you're not going to be able to help them.

Lifegoeson2, you're going to need to monitor this mood and see how long it lasts, so you know whether this is a temporary blue period or if you are starting to be depressed. I imagine that you are really tired taking care of all of those kids on your own. Seeing the help that others are getting that you aren't, and the relationships that others are having that you aren't, is naturally going to cause some twinges. It's OK to have these feelings. What matters is what you do with them once you acknowledge them. Take care of yourself: eat well, exercise, sleep, surround yourself with supportive people. It's important that you take time for yourself. Do something that helps you define you, whether it is reading a book or some hobby, and you will feel less lonely.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yep! I often feel lonely. It's hard not to. I am the only one of my friends that are single. I have one brother that is single, but he doesn't have children either. I am single by choice and really wouldn't have it any other way at this time in my life. But, at times it can be very hard.
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 5:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes I know what you mean. I love and care about all of my family and friends, but sometimes I don't feel like it is mutual. Me and my husband are always the ones to drive to everyone's houses to visit (in 3 different towns) yet no one ever drops by to see how WE are doing.
    Anonymous

• Iam so right there w/ you! I feel alone alot! My husband drives a truck over the road he is gone for 6 weeks at a time and I feel bed venting to him about the kids,house,bills,ect cuz he is on the road away from everyone! He is out there w/ NO1! I use to have my BFF to vent to...But we just seemed to drift apart after being frinds for 17 years...? If is really weird...we use to do everything together...? But now just w/in the passed few months we just stopped calling,e-mailing,texting... we dont really say much at church to eachother any more or at our homeschool meetings...? So ya I know all about feeling loney! I/we (if you are a beliver, dont want to offend any1) just need to remember that Jesus is always there to listen to us and comfort us! ~AMEN?~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on May. 12, 2009