I had an ultra sound yesterday and my fetus had a heart rate of 80bpm. Im only 6 weeks today and I was curious if anybody else had low fetal heart rate early in pregnancy? Im a little worried but the doctor told me not to be concerned.

lissaluv21

Asked by lissaluv21 at 4:44 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Was this a vaginal ultrasound? As far as I know the heart develops around week 7ish....and you don't hear it until around week 9, but that varies. I know I'm not much help, but just passing along my info.
    Anonymous

• it is possible that they mis-diagnosed your due date and you are further along than they thought. I dont know if it is something to worry about, you have a healthy baby with a good heart beat! :-)
    RodeoGirlUSA1

Answer by RodeoGirlUSA1 at 5:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• no the heart develops earlier than that and can be heard as early as 6 weeks but not necessarily seen until 10-12 weeks.. My doctors told me fetal heartbeat should be between 120-180.. that is low but its not too low, if your doctor says its nothing to worry about, then DONT WORRY! all that does is cause stress to you and BABY which is not good at all. Keep a positive attitude and know your baby HAS A HEARTBEAT! YAY! good luck and congratulations!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 6:29 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Thank you all for you answers and support!!!
    lissaluv21

Answer by lissaluv21 at 6:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• That early on, the babies heart is just learning to beat. It's normal for it to be low the first few days it starts beating. My twins had heartbeats in the 90s at 7 weeks exactly and today they are perfectly fine.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 7:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• o.k. so since u r only six weeks u should know that as the fetus developes its heart rate increases u can look it up on baby zone if u want so dont worry sweetie good luck
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 9:25 PM on May. 11, 2009