Does anyone have any advice for depression and anxiety?

I am turning 30 next month, I have dealt with depression since high school. It gets progressivly worse every year. It runs in my mothers side of the family all over. My mother passed away, when I was 22 which kicked it in to over drive. I have tried different meds, but I get worried about the side affects they warn. I am now trying yoga and exercising, which helps some. Where it runs in my family I am so scared of my daughter ever feeling the way I feel. My husband is the oppisite of depressed, which is good, but he does not really believe it is a condition. He tells me to snap out of it. Has anyone found any method that is not something you hear of all the time? Something that is different but worked for them? I am ope to any suggestions? Thank You?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• I had a time that I felt midly depressed, what I did was spend time with my family mostly my sisters. I also took up random hubbies, I started taking pictures of the kids and family and I found I took a lot of pride in the pictures I was taking. It helped me in your hubby's words"snap out of it"
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 5:04 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Maybe it is a nutritional thing.  sometimes nutrional supplement help.  message me and we can talk.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 10:28 PM on May. 11, 2009