What's the most infuriating experience you've ever had while out to dinner?

This is just something fun to rant about. What's the worst experience you've ever had when out to dinner? It can be about the hubby, the kids, or the restaurant. Just curious!

3_is_enough

Asked by 3_is_enough at 5:01 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hubby, kids and I went out to a nice, but family friendly restaurant for dinner. We were seated, drink order taken, delivered, appy and meal order taken. Appie's were delivered, but meals were taking forever. A table next to us was seated, ate, paid and left before we got our food. Finally hubby went to complain that our food hadn't come yet and tell them that we were leaving. We didn't pay for our drinks and appie's and got 2 free appy and meal coupons. But this all took an hour and a half (the kids were very well behaved). It was late so we hit McD's drive thru and they stiffed us a bag (the one with his and my orders), so I had to drive back and get our food. It was not a good evening. We're pretty sure the waitress forgot to order our food, and we only went to that place after not wanting to have long waits for tables at two other places.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Once when me & my husband were dating we went to this pizza place. They seated us & said someone would be back to take our order. 20 minutes later we still had no one come & take our order. We got up to tell them that no one was waiting on us, & the hostess who seated us said, "Bye, have a nice day." We walked out without ever getting our food or paying.
    MB80sGirl

Answer by MB80sGirl at 5:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Other people's children! I find it very infuriating when my sweet son (1.5 years) behaves better then other people's older children are acting terrible. I believe that if you can not control your children in public then you should stay home.

ERV2009

Answer by ERV2009 at 5:12 PM on May. 11, 2009

Oh my goodness, I couldn't agree more!! My kids have never been allowed to run around in a store or restaurant, and between the 2 of them, there's only been ONE tantrum. We were at a Chinese buffet restaurant a couple of months ago, and there was this little brat running all over the place and almost knocking people over and the stupid dad said to the little snotball, "Do you see that sign? It says "No kids running around".( Of course there isn't any such sign) I told my husband there should be a sign, " No stupid parents allowed"
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:15 PM on May. 11, 2009

• We were refused service at a Chinese restaurant for being white. We didn't know at the time, but they only serve Chinese and locals.
    Also, everytime we go to Ruby Tuesdays we have to wait 20 minutes just to get drinks. We always have to wait forever there.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 5:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Twelve of us were snow skiing in WV and went out to eat. The waitress took everyone's order except mine. I had to ask her 3 times. My husband finally had to give her my order. When she brought refills, she always skipped me. I had to repeatedly ask for just some water to drink. I always got the "eye roll" whenever I spoke to her. My friend asked her if I had done something to her. She commented that I knew what I had done. When we explained that I had never seen her before in my life, and we were all from NC, she said they might be from NC, but she knew exactly who I was. The manager seemed uninterested in my problem. I don't know who I looked like, but my "twin" was not a very nice person!

confused

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:47 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I used to live in a mostly white town in California (san luis obispo), so racism wasn't unheard of.

My mother was visiting from San Francisco, and I took her out to dinner at Denny's. The restaurant was almost empty, but it took the waitress almost 10 minutes to seat us. Then, when we finally got seated, she disappeared for another 15 minutes. Then she kept walking right past us, helping everyone else in her seating area but OUR table. I got fed and told the beotch we still hadn't gotten any drinks, and we were ready to order. She was VERY rude to my mom, and I talked to her manager about her behavior. Turns out I wasn't the only one who had complained about her, and she was later fired.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:19 PM on May. 11, 2009