do u think a cheating wife can be a good mother?

I think one thing has nothing to do w the other, but I also think that by cheating we jeopardize our kids chance to have a family. How do u feel?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO.
    because a good mom to me a an example setter. If the mom is not happy in the relationship than the proper way to move on is divorce and then a new relationship.
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 5:06 PM on May. 11, 2009

• No. We try to teach our children to always be truthful, but what is an affair but a great big lie? While cheating on your spouse doesn't necessarily make you a bad parent, it is setting a poor example for your kids. The best thing to do would be to get a divorce. You can use kid language to explain a divorce. How do you explain to a child that you sleep around?
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 5:12 PM on May. 11, 2009

• No. they are very much related. as a mother it is your responsibility to teach your children morals.... and how to act in a relationship... how to raise a family...
    if you cheat, one way or another your kids are gonna find out and in the end they will either look at it like its okay, or will look at you like your the worse person in the world for it. your kids future depends on you making the right decisions.
    that goes for daddys too....
    cheating is a very selfish thing... even if you arent with anyone in particular... to allow your kids to see you bringing in random guys and sleeping around can be very damaging to kids and their sense of security... i been there... my mom slept around and cheated on my dad.... and continued even after the divorce to sleep around... its a big reason why me and her dont get along... its not morally correct...
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 5:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• a cheating mom is usually unhappy at home and that is felt by the child. If a woman feels the love/happiness via cheating then the child feels the love even if it's not from where it should be. The child only wants to be happy and have parents happy. If dad would make mom happy then mom wouldn't have to cheat. But I think mom can still be a good mom. For some women an affair might make a bad marriage bearable. Don't judge others.
    Anonymous

• confusedI don't know if it makes you a bad mom, but it does kind of kill your integrity. Of course, there are always so many sides to a story and shades of gray to issues like this.

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• OP~ I agree with most of u, I believe if u r not happy in the marriage then leave and get a divorce, there's no excuse for cheating.. And its not JUDGING! Its common sense!
    Anonymous

• Yes, that doens't make you a bad mom, just a questionable wife.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If she was a good mother she would try to work on her marriage and not be so selfish and cheat. If the marriage cannot be worked out she would divorce the father. Give her children time to adjust to their new life then date. She would not allow any man around her child until she got to know him really well. She would not just bed hop and end up pregnant right away. A good mom generally puts her kids needs first and does not have affairs.
    Anonymous

• Not if the criteria of a "good mother" includes being a positive role model for her kids.
    Anonymous

• I know someone who cheated on her husband with the husband's brother, she got cought pretended to leave him and now 3 yrs later they're still together! I always ask her what is she going to do when her children find out what she's been doing, I wonder if she's not affraid to be alone in this world for what she's doing, or that her kids might hate her for it...
    Anonymous