Is telling your children when they say they hungry that "you dont feed kids on Mondays" Mean?

I think its hilarious and my son knows I am joking. Isn't that what matters? I say it while cooking dinner...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's cute as long as the children know you are only playing.
    ERV2009

Answer by ERV2009 at 5:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Not in my house it isnt LOL.
    We usually giggle.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:10 PM on May. 11, 2009

• lol thats cute, wouldnt say it in public though. people are so sensitive now-a-days
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 5:10 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I tease my kids all the time...they're fine with it. They will pick up on it and usually tease me back.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I don't think it is mean, you are teasing and the kids know that.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 5:14 PM on May. 11, 2009

• and what if they tell their teacher that or a neighbor trying to pass on the "joke". I think it's a joke in poor taste and might come back to bite you in the behind one day when cps shows up
    Anonymous

• please i say worse stuff to mine everyday.. They so know ther going to get whatever they are akn for anyway..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 5:15 PM on May. 11, 2009

• winkNope, it's funny! If more people gently teased and laughed with their children, the world would be a better place.

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If they call CPS on me for joking w my kids then bring it on. I am not doing anything that would warrent any trouble...just the annoyance of their presence
    Anonymous

• My husband tells the kids we don't feed kids in "X" colored clothes or with glasses (our middle daughter wears glasses) or with shoes on the wrong feet or whatever. My 6yo (the one with glasses) will roll her eyes and say, "that's your playing voice."
    Actually with her we found teasing to be an effective way to get her to wear her glasses as a toddler. She wouldn't wear them and I would wander around the house asking where Brenna was and why this strange girl was in my house. I would refuse to get her lunch until she put her glasses on, etc. The doctor was amazed that she would keep her glasses on at 18 months with no band or anything. I still do it even now that she is 6.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:28 PM on May. 11, 2009