I'm just wondering if any of you ever....

use baby registry's to buy gift for people.... for my baby showers i have always gone and registered for my baby shower and nobody ever buys anything off of them i just don't understand why should i go through the trouble of walking around a store for 3 hours to register when people don't even use the registry to buy the gift for the baby they just buy what they think looks cute instead of what i may actually need.... does any body else have this problem or is it just me....

whatitbebb

Asked by whatitbebb at 5:21 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem... all I can say is thank goodness for gift reciepts!!!
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 5:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If I have a shower to go to I always use the registry. Some may find it forward but you can always make your own little business card sized registry cards to put in with the invitations and say something like "Both Grandmas have spoiled me with a closet full of clothes, but I really need the things my mommy registered for me at: Target" or where ever you did your registry. I think that would be a cute and acceptable way to say you'd rather have them shop for what you need!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I dont usually use registries when gifting for people. Lots of times, there are only really expensive items on the registry. Thats why I always buy something most people dont, but mothers definatly need always : diapers.
    Anonymous

• No one ever does thats why I puit pretty general things on mine so that people had an idea of the kinds of things i wanted and they could shop where their budget or preference allowed
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:02 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I hate that, then you end up with three of the same item and no gift reciepts and nothing is from the registry. UGH! I always buy from the registry and have a gift reciept.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 6:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i personally always use the registry for a shower.. but i agree people use their registeries for some pretty outrageously priced things.. i wont get those for people. anyway.. when i registered for my wedding at target in the little gift packet they give you there are little already made cards to put in the shower invitiations.. i didnt get them when i did the baby registry but if you ask im sure they have some.. a lot of times when you put those with the invites people will use the registry.. and if its friends and family just ask them to use your registry if they can.. thats what its there for!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 6:25 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i registered at target. and people in my family got online and looked at what i wanted and went to other stores and bought it for me which with clothes that things thts fine but i cant mark it off theregistry unless i know what your getting me so i ended up with 2 or 3 of clothes but missing important things. so i have to go to the store and exchange things i dont need for the things i do.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 8:22 AM on May. 12, 2009