Having "bowel" problems, what is it? maybe TMI??

ok so... Since I had my son my poos have been really strange. I get horrible pains, like burning in my intestines, it hurts so much I can't even push. Then I have "explosions", and it's all kinds of weird colors. Usually black and like stomach acid yellow. Last week I had corn and it turned traffic cone orange and kind of rusty color. Sometimes constipated, but usually really really runny like soup. I thought it was IBS but I could be wrong. I have no insurance, so no doctor visits for now. Anyone have any ideas? please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• It could be IBS, ulcers, chron's, or gallbladder issues. I'd keep a diary for now of what you eat and note each bathroom visit...whether it was painful, color, and texture...gross I know. But when you finally can go to the doctor, you'll have something to share with them.

Don't you have any low-income clinics nearby? Can you get on public aid?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:29 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You should probably get to the doctor as soon as you can get get tested for Celiac disease which can be triggered by pregnancy (it was for me) and also Crohns disease or other gastrointestinal disorders.

Can you find a free clinic that will give you the blood tests / exams?
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 5:31 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Celiac is my first thought, mine was diagnosed after my second pregnancy. You really should get tested before going on a gluten free diet (the treatment for celiac) but if you are absolutely not going to see a doctor then it won't hurt you to try a GF diet. Just know that it can take a couple of months to really see results.

If you really are having poo that is black (really black) you need to get that checked as that is what digested blood looks like.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:29 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Imodium!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 7:10 PM on May. 11, 2009