Who's kids are working their nerves?

I swear I have my days but this is trying my patience. I know it's the end of the school year and kids want out for summer but I have a 1st grader that I swear is riding my last nerve.

Not paying attention in class, busy chatting with his buddies, could care less about class work. I get him home and he always has spelling homework on Mondays. I picked him up early from school. We get home at 3:30 so he can start his work. 3 1/2 pages of spelling words. It's 4:30 and he is still not done. His lack of wanting to help himself is wearing me thin. I cannot and will not do the work for him.

Please tell me I am not the only one?

I'm trying to get dinner done, laundry finished and find a few minutes for me before DH gets home and I'm so furious right now I'm ready to get dinner done and go to bed.

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 5:26 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• My oldest did not get that much homework in 1st grade. Now that she is in 2nd grade she gets tons of homework.
    I would make him sit there untill he was done.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Shoot, tell him he can't have any dinner 'til he's done. That's what I'd do!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 5:35 PM on May. 11, 2009