wedding order

im not sure what you are supposed to do like the order and stuff of a wedding... i am getting married in august and i am not sure how things are supposed to go like what goes first and last... what do i do at the reception.... if any one can help me that would be great...

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:35 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What do you mean? The order of the people going down the aisle?

The reception usually starts with the guests arriving. The wedding party usually shows up half hour or so after so people can be there to watch the new Mr. and Mrs. walk in. They sit down to eat dinner. Dinner is served FIRST to the wedding party, and then to the guests. After dinner come the toasts, first dances, bouqut tossing and garter tossing, dollar dances, etc.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• ohhh like when the groom walks and tehn the bride then what after they are married ... does reception start right after what happens at the reception
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 5:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• For the ceremony, the groom is already standing at the front. You can choose to have the groomsmen standing with him so just the bridesmaids walk the aisle, or you can have the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk together down the aisle. You usually start with the last bridesmaid and gromsmen and work your way to the front (maid of honor and best man)...then you'll go down the aisle.

When you're done getting married...you and hubby will walk down the aisle together...then your wedding party will follow. Your pastor will help you set all that stuff up tho.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:44 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It's up to you when you want your reception. I had my ceremony at 2 and my reception at 4. My sister is getting married soon and is having her reception immediately following her wedding in the same building. Some people wait and have a reception at a later time.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:46 PM on May. 11, 2009

• And most couples open wedding gifts after the wedding at home and send out thank you notes. I've never seen anyone open gifts at a wedding.
    ReneeK3

• A really nice website that can answer almost any question you will have is theknot.com Here is the link:

http://theknot.com/

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:05 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Buy a book on wedding etiquette and Bride's. This question cannot be answered in this format. It's just too biiiiiiggggg!

wedding

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2009