Mother in Law!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have a mother in law that drives them crazy!!! Mine calls here 3 times a day. I recently had a son 5 wks ago she thinks she needs to see him all the time. She is very controlling. She answers questions for me at times about my son!!! Which pisses me off... When my husband and I first got married she wanted to know if where he was working had any pretty girls.. She tries to tell me how to do things.. I am about at witts end with her!! My husband thinks she is fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Just try to avoid her or just agree with her so she can go on her way. Some woman are that way either they feel lonely or they have nothing to do. Try finding her a hobby with out being obvious. GL

Don't be too harsh with her break it to her gently just be patient she will get the hint sooner or later.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:05 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Story of my life.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 6:08 PM on May. 11, 2009

• That's tough. I wouldn't be a nice person.

Hang in there.
    Anonymous

• LOL. Well I feel ya. My mother in-law is quite a character herself. I personally just keep it real no matter who the hell likes it! I do not let her walk on me, control me or belittle me at all. We have our ups & downs but she respects me because I dont sugar coat nothing....Im not going to agree w/her when I dont...or tell her what she wants to hear. I am me & I do things the way I want/etc....If she dont like it then the good part is she is not obligated to...bye-bye have a nice day! Im not going to be rude/disrespectful but I will be blunt/honest. She is my mother in-law not my MOTHER or LOVER....I dont have to put up w/any crap & Im not going to.
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 6:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yep, most guys think their mom rules. Just set down some reasonable boundaries. Remember that some day your DIL will be saying things about you too! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 6:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Is this your first child? Also remember that you are pretty hormonal at this point so keep calm. Learn to pick your battles because when it comes to in-laws there may be some real battles in the future.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:55 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Wow.. that sounds pretty typical
    OneLoveForMe

Answer by OneLoveForMe at 7:08 PM on May. 11, 2009

• She is fine. You are overreacting. Be glad she wants to be part of your life. Every day you read on here how the mil hates the wife so much she won't even bother with the children. Be glad yours is the opposite. Appreciate her.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:40 AM on May. 12, 2009