bath question

At what age did you start to let your child(ren) bathe alone and wash themselves?

momie_of_munch2

Asked by momie_of_munch2 at 6:08 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• well my son was about 21 or 22 mons. i still bath him but he takes a bath in there on his own we check on him
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 6:13 PM on May. 11, 2009

• my kids are 4 and 2.5 I still bath them both they can play in the tub while I"m emptying the dish washer or putting towels away BUT NEVER ALONE my older one can bath her self but needs me to prompt her ok hair ok face ok do under arms belly private legs and feet now rince
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 6:22 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My 5 year old has been showering himself for a few months now. He just needs some help adjusting the water temperature. We started working with him at probably 4 1/2 years? He started showing an interest in doing it himself, so we ran with it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:22 PM on May. 11, 2009

• my daughter started staying in the bahtub by herself around 2..but shes 5 now and i still wash her..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:23 PM on May. 11, 2009

• You should never leave your child alone in a bathroom until they are at least 4 or 5 years old and check on them several times while they are in there until they are 8 or 9.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:24 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My son is almost 4 and I can now leave him alone in the bathtub with me in the room next door so I can hear him. He consistently follows all safety rules so I don't have to worry about him slipping or falling. I also check on him, but generally he makes enough noise that I know what's going on. When playtime is over, though, I still have to wash him. He's taken an interest, but I still wash him most of the time.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 6:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Mine were about 6 when they started taking a bath on their own but the door remained open so I could hear them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:39 PM on May. 11, 2009

• ill leave my kids (who are 5, 3 1/2, and 1 1/2) in the shower by themselves to play and my 5 yr old washes himself (i go over it to make sure hes done a good job) and ill even let the 2 older boys take baths by themselves but i would never leave my 1 1/2 yr old be in a bath filled with water on his own ( i think of the craziest things like wut if he slips and bumps his head and is knocked out in the water to drown, ugh it sends chills up my spine) i think 3 is the age they can be trusted in the tub by themselves for any length of time
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:12 PM on May. 11, 2009

• oh and i think 5 is the age they can be trusted to wash themselves
    lovelyli217