• In the Spotlight:

If your husband decided to leave you because you are bad influence on your children with your religious beliefs what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• fight for full custody.
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 6:17 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would question his motives. Especially if this has been your religion all along, I'd wonder what the real issue is. And absolutely fight for custody!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with livingangle.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 6:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Thankfully we share the same beliefs. If he wanted to leave then he obviously wasn't in love with me.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:18 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'd say he doesnt have that kind of power when it comes to religion and he is only setting himself up for heartache. Unless of course you religion is atheist or satanist or some crap like that, then I would be on his side. I also believe that you should''nt force your religion on your family.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Tell him not to let the door hit is ass on the way out. I wouldn't fight for full custody as my son still deserves a dad, but I wouldn't give up custody either. Luckily, my husband has more brains then that.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 6:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• sooonmommyof3: Unless of course you religion is atheist or satanist or some crap like that, then I would be on his side.
    I think that's a rude thing to say to someone that isn't a Christian, I don't remember reading in the Bible where Jesus said to Go and be rude to those not Christian......
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:32 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Let him go... Let God handle the rest. You fight for custody but be prepared for joint as children need both parents in their lives.
    I may soon be in this place. My husband thinks that if I push our kids to believe in God is wrong . Btw I don't . I taught them all I could when they were younger , we both did until he walked away. After that the marriage began to fall apart due to differences in our beliefs . Sad but a reality . I still continue in my walk with Jesus and he continues to hate it. Not my problem. His choice not mine. I will not deny my faith... not even for him. Best to let him go and move forward in your faith.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with shaneagle777~ I would let him go if he felt that I was hurting my children. As far as letting him take them away from me? God will have to be the one to decide that. GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would take a good long look at myself and ask him what are the things that I am doing that made him feel this way or am I taking something to the extreme.
    If it was for a reason so simple as he just doesn't like my religion, then I would think he is really naive and tell him it is fine to leave but my child will always be under my influence.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2009