Is there a support group for mothers coming out of abusive relationships?

lovelylj

Asked by lovelylj at 6:33 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes There is a forum within the group called I'm in an Abusive Relationship that is just for those coming out of one.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If you want to talk about it with someone request me as your friend..i can tell you what I went through and vice versa...sometimes knowing that someone went through the same things you did or worse things makes you realize that you can get through it too. So far I've found out that 2 of my closest friends were going through the same things we went through and you're just too afraid or ashamed to say anything until you're well into the problem. You're not alone.

mother.of2

Answer by mother.of2 at 12:37 AM on May. 12, 2009

• In Northern California, there is WEAVE (Women Escaping A Violent Environment). I had to go through this almost 10 years ago with my DD1's father. They have great support groups, and also have a 24 hour crisis line if you need to talk. They talk about all of the cycles of abuse, what to look for, and what to do if you're on your own. When I get some money, I'll be donating to them because they've helped me so much.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:11 PM on May. 12, 2009