We have a mouse....

in our house!! I was on the computer and saw it run to the back of the piano.. i flipped out and then told my husband.. he couldnt find it so he thought i was flipping out over nothing. Then this morning he saw it run into our daughters room... What should we do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Mice like to run along baseboards. At night he will really come out looking for a snack. Get a humane mousetrap and bait it with peanut butter. He'll likely run in for the treat and hubby can take him for a long ride to the country in the morning. :-)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:41 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yikes, I dont know what I would do if I saw one in the house. I have heard that they do run along the baseboards too. If you have any pets make sure to keep the pet food up because that could be this little guys snack at night. My hubby is actually pulling apart our front loader dryer because we think one got in from the vent that goes outside and died. SO our laundry room smells wonder ful =(
    AlissaZea

Answer by AlissaZea at 6:47 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Um set a trap?
    Anonymous

• You have several options. You can get a cat. You can go to a hardware store and get either a live trap (bait with peanut butter and chocolate chips) or mouse poison. The poison dehydrates the mouse and it leaves to find water and die; if youhave little ones, you can get a childproof holder. You can get sticky paper, but someone will have to kill and dispose of the mouse; same with a snap trap.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 AM on May. 12, 2009

• we had one in our laundry room also.i guess they are attracted to the water.so the mice would go into the drain trap...yummy.what a smell.they sell all sorts of traps.ours just seem to go to the water drain and i guess drown.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:11 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Use a humane trap to catch him, then put him outside. Easy enough, and no reason to be cruel by poisoning him.
    Anonymous