• In the Spotlight:

Do you ever feel like you get beat up on here for the decisions you've made in your life?

I just read the "were you pregnant when you graduated" question. It has 105 answers. And there are so many rude people on here purposely belittling others. Whatever happened to "he who is without sin throw the first stone"? And what happened to this being a support website? Instead of saying "your child is a mistake, but look at me I did things the RIGHT way" but if we looked at your life.. did you really never "make a mistake?" BTW it has always pissed me off when people referred to my pregnancy and son as a mistake cause he is far from a mistake. He was an accident, but not a mistake.

So instead of insulting others for the "mistakes" they've made.. why can't we say "Its okay honey, move forward from this, we'll support you if you need advice let us know" I'm saying whether you've done drugs, stole something, have a disorder, anger problems, or was a preg. teen. NO ONE IS PERFECT. Remember that next time you judge someone.

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 6:42 PM on May. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'll give you a little love....I agree a child is NEVER a mistake. Sometime people need to say not so nice things about others to make themselves feel better. Besides all us Moms need to stick together.

stacB

Answer by stacB at 7:21 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Unfortunately that does happen one too often, even in groups you would not expect it to. What I have found is to just ignore those who will eventually realize their glass house will one day shatter. Ignoring them gives you the upper hand and allows you time to move on to better, supporting groups. There's a load of great, supportive groups on Cafemom, we'd love to see you there.

RMSA3.png picture by RMSAAdmin

RMASAdmin

Answer by RMASAdmin at 8:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I agree with you 100%!!! My child was the best "mistake" I have ever made. It is a mistake that I would make over and over again. No child is an accident and really shouldn't be considered a mistake either, all children are gifts from God, sometimes those gifts are great big surprises. NO ONE on Cafe Mom or otherwise makes me feel bad for my parenting decisions, I made decisions based on what I knew from child development classes I took, babysitting for 13 years before I got pregnant and from advice from family, friends and doctors. What is right for one child or family may not be right for another, but it is still a parents choice as to how a child is raised. Some people need to take the sticks out and realize that they are not perfect, no one is.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:04 PM on May. 11, 2009