How long do you cook fresh corn on the cob??

pamelajqs

Asked by pamelajqs at 6:45 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• On the stove, about 3 minutes in boiling water. Salting the water will make the exterior of the kernels tough...it's more tender if you don't. What I really love, though, is roasting it on the grill. It takes 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of the ear, but it's sooo good. Pull back the husk and remove the silk. You can brush it with butter or olive oil, but I like to butter it later. Put the husks back in place, and don't mind if there are gaps..those exposed kernels will get caramelized, which makes them sweeter and smokey and yummy!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I brush them lightly with olive oil and put them on the grill. Sprinkle with salt and pepper...they don't even need butter.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:54 PM on May. 11, 2009

• peel all but the last layer and 2 minutes in the microwave. or plunge into boiling salted water for 2-4 minutes. You CAN cook it longer but I don't like it that way. we like it cooked in the husk the best. It has the freshest flavor.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 7:37 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if it is already out of the husk completely, you can wrap in a damp paper towel and micowave for a minute or so also. I like it on the grill the best,though!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:46 AM on May. 12, 2009