C section question

I had a c section with my son, that was about 7 years ago, but he thing is my stomach never went back to normal, it stayed all stretched out and i have a fairly large pouch of skin where the cut was made. So, my question is, did any of you have this problem when or if you had a c section, or knew someone that did? I'm having this baby by c section as well, at the same hospital, and i'm hoping they can correct what they did :( I'm also pretty small 100 lbs when not pregnant, and all baby when i am, and this just kills my self esteem thanks girls.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I have the pouch of loose skin on my abodmen. It keep getting better as the months go by, but I think it's normal. I'm sure there are a lot of moms with C-section or not that have the pouch of loose skin.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 7:03 PM on May. 11, 2009

• yes yes yes i thought i was the only one! i cant seem to get rid of it....and its so unatractive! i guess thats how the cookie crumbles i guess i think the only way to get rid of it is surgery though....
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 7:03 PM on May. 11, 2009

• They will be able to fix the scar, it will be as thin as a piece of paper. But the skin you'll have to fix by wearing a girdle for 6 weeks after giving birth. Start with a lose one so it doesn't hurt, then as you feel more comfortable wear a tighter one. This is how I got rid of my pouch, I had my daughter by c-section 11 months ago and it's gone, so it'll work!! Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• i have this too, i had my daughter not even 10 months ago and i'm pregnant again so there's no chance in heck my belly is getting back to "normal" anytime soon. I had an 11 lb baby the first time so you can imagine how stretched my skin was. I'm sad to say even though the advice that some are giving you is good, its only good for mommies who had children recently not 7 years ago. If your skin never tightened back up in seven years you may have to have plastic surgery to ever get rid of it. I'm not all for plastic surgery but when you look at the facts it can't be done any other way. At least not this long after. Of course they can do a tummy tuck right after your c-section (famous people do it all the time) but i believe a plastic surgeon will have to be present and you will have to be put under meaning you won't see your bundle of joy on the way out. I would speak to a Dr about your concerns and see what they say.
    Anonymous

• I don't have the pouch --- I wish I did. I have the overhang. It's terrible. I literally have to lift this flap of skin to find my fun zones. (3 of my 4 kiddos were section babies)

EVERYONE I know who's had a Csection has the pouch or the hang. It's normal... and it's permanent. It gets worse with every baby & unfortunately it gets worse as you loose weight.

It's not anything "they" did wrong & the only "repair" is a tummy tuck
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:11 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I have always been on the thin side, but I was HUGE when I was pregnant with my first baby. He was over 9 pounds and was a c-sect. I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight at my 6 week check up. I had a vaginal birth 17 months later. I am basically the same weight now as I was before getting pregnant. I have no pouch or hanging thing. I can wear a bikini w/o a problem. My sister had a c-sect then a vaginal birth 9 years later and she has a perfect belly, no extra skin (she is adopted so it is not some fluke having to do with us being related, we are not blood relatives!)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:07 PM on May. 11, 2009