what would you do with $2,000?

I got $2,000 for mother's day. I want to be responsible but there are also some things I would like. My mom gave me 1,000 and my aunt gave me 1,000. I have a LOT of debt. My husband lost one of his jobs and is receiving severance until the end of June. So I was thinking of getting a used double stroller, a grill for my husband for father's day. Then I was thinking of keeping the rest for emergancy money, or towards a credit card bill. But then I was thinking of birthdays coming up and am not sure anymore if I should keep some money for birthday gifts or even keep it for our anniversary in Sept. I really want this one to be a special anniversary because my husband and I have gone through a lot this year. I just don't know. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That would be stuck into savings so quick that little pile of cash wouldnt know what hit it! Good for you and Happy Mothers Day indeed.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 7:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i'm bad about spending money, with my dd's bday coming up & me due with my son in september, it would go to my kids & fixing up the house.. we're not in debt and our bills are caught up so i'd fix the kids rooms
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:12 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would fix both of our cars they both need some minor work that will cost about $500. Then I would go buy myself something nice...it was probably the intent of those who gave you the money that you would get something nice with it. If you want to look for a double stroller, I found a $500 double Bob jogging stroller for $150. Super great deal. I had too look for awhile before I found the right one, but it was worth the wait.
    The with whatever it left I would put into savings for a rainy day...you never know when they will come along.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:16 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Sorry I should have said that I found the stroller on Craigslist.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:17 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would use it to pay off debt. If you have anything you can pay down on it, that is one less payment and less interest you are accruing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i would save it so that I could hire movers at the end of the month.

I'm preggo, and my husband is deployed, so I need all the help I can.
    Anonymous

• Same thing I do with $2000 a week, put money in kids college funds, savings and shopping :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:20 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would pay off an old landlord, move, buy my boys summer clothes, and buy maternity clothes.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 7:29 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I know how you feel about spending the money wisely and buying gifts for other people, but you have to buy yourself at least one thing with that money. Afterall, it was gifted to YOU as a gift and I am sure that your mom and aunt would want you to enjoy some of it for yourself.
    You have a large and loving heart.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If I had that money with my husband loosing part of our income, I would put it in savings and dare anyone to touch it. If there is any bill that could be paid off with some of it, I would do that. I would not spend it on stuff. There will always be time for that later!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:56 PM on May. 11, 2009