Have you ever professionally bleached your teeth?

How much did it cost you? Did it hurt and how long does it last?

I have very sensitive teeth and things like Crest White strips really irritate my nerves. But I'm curious if doing a one time bleaching would be better for me. I'm sure it will probably irritate them for a day or two,. but I'm wondering if it will be on the same level as the crest strips or will it be even worse. Thanks for the input. :)

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 7:04 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Health

• I did. I had Brite Smile done when it was newly on the market.

My teeth ached really bad for about a week. I also can't tolerate the Crest White Strips, so maybe you'll have the same problem with the pro whitening.

It wasn't worth the $1,000 I had to spend (at that time).

They will tell you to drink any cola, coffee, wine, dark juice with a straw to make the whiteness last longer. My teeth didn't stay white-white for longer than six months. But, I refused to drink coffee with a straw! LOL
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yes well kinda, The dentist gave me the stuff to do myself at home. They made trays for your teeth and its a gel in a syringe. You do it for 5 days it didnt hurt it just made my teeth sensitive...dont get it on your gums or it burns. It only lasted about 5 months and I dont drink coffee or smoke. Brush and floss twice a day!
    Anonymous

• If you have problems with the strips then your going to have problems with any whitening, it was the same for me. All these places use the same stuff so it's going to ache, but not very long, just a sting here and there for about a week. But wow my teeth were amazing afterwards.
    Anonymous