Threatened Miscarriage----please read

I went to the ER today because I started bleeding, not bad but, enough to scare me, and I was having some cramps. The ER doctor told me that it was a Threatened Miscarriage. They gave me my Rhogam shot because of my RH- blood type, I got it when I was about 28 wks pregnant with my DS. They also said that my cervix is closed which is a good thing, and they did a blood test. I have to go to my DR wednesday, get my blood drawn again and get checked again. I guess what I am asking is if anyone else has been through this? And what was the outcome?

sorry, i forgot to add that i'll be 5wks on wednesday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was actually told that I miscarried. Two weeks later I had follow up bloodwork and then another ultrasound where we found the baby's heart beating. I was then labeled as a " threatened abortion" the rest of my first trimester. My miscarrige is 4 months old this week.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 10:09 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i had the same symptoms as you. i went to the hospital and they did and internal and my cervix was closed. it was a bit of relief until they took me for an ultra sound and told me i was gonna mis carry. sure enough the next night i miscarried at 7 weeks. good luck
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 8:14 AM on May. 12, 2009

• my mother and grandmother are both RH neg blood types. they both had a difficult time carring their children my mom has twoand my grandmother has three you just have to be careful
    bamagurl1988

Answer by bamagurl1988 at 11:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Update:
    well, I went and seen my DR on Tuesday instead of today becuase he isn't in his office today. I am going through a miscarriage right now. I still have to go get my levels checked today but, yeah, I am losing the baby that we have tried to concieve for 22 months. He said I can try again after 2 periods. Thank you for all of your answer's and support. Wish me luck in 2 or so months!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on May. 13, 2009