Advice for a friend

I have a friend that met a guy a few months ago. She does not have any children and does not want to have children of her own. But her new boyfriend has four children including a three week old( he has a daughter with one woman and 3 boys by his ex fiance). I told her personally I would not get into a relationship with a guy who just had a child with another woman. I would only be his friend and wait until the baby is alittle older. Her question to you guys is "Would you talk to your boyfriend about his ex fiance and wanting to meet her?" My question to you ladies is would you date a guy who just had a baby with another woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• i wouldn't want to meet the other woman nor would i get involved with a man that had kids with someone else
    Anonymous

• I would also wait. How would you feel if you were the other woman and your baby's daddy was seeing someone else and bringing your kids around them.
    ashleyhinck

Answer by ashleyhinck at 7:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I told her that it was ok to date a man with children but in my opion it is wrong of her to start a relationship with this guy since he has a newborn and the majority of his time is going to be with his ex and his kids. Also it's going to be weird for her because her new boyfriend and his ex has the same friends. So that means his friends are only use to seeing him and his ex together and might not like her because of that.
    Anonymous

• I would not get involved with him. It just seems like that relationship would be nothing but baby mama drama. There are too many guys out there to get stuck with this guy who is having children left and right. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but his priority's right now should be caring for his 3wk old baby not looking for another women
    Anonymous

• no. It sounds like he has issues already and four kids on top of his issues. If the baby is just weeks old I'd say he's still involved with the mom. She'd be his rebound gf and free babysitter and screw buddy. Nope. I wouldn't do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:38 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would not date a man with kids. Ever! Period. No question. I think that if they couldn't make the relationship work with their children s mothers then they are probably not a very good partner. If they unable to make things work when their children's happiness was on the line then how could I expect them to make things work with me without kids in the mix. KWIM...I would do whatever necessary to stay with my dh because we have kids together, if the guy your friend isn't doing that then he is a loser and she is better off without him.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My ex disclosed to me that he wouldn't do things for me sometimes because I asked for them..that if i had given him time to do things on his own he would've started to do them more often. He said I always ruined the surprise by asking for it. But then again some guys just don't have the creative gene. Leave subtle hints..that way he thinks it was his idea..lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 12, 2009