what causes a 17 month old to scream on and off all night with no seen problems?

He is 17 months old he is teething and has a cough with stuffy nose for 2 months. Last night he would wake up screaming for several minutes then stop and go back to sleep. He did the same thing all night through. This is new he has never done this before. Help.

Asked by pooheyeore at 7:24 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• teething, ear infections, stomach aches, leg cramps, nightmares, illness.

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:26 PM on May. 11, 2009

• burping him alittle longer, gassy, cold, tummy ache, or maybe even the tape of the diaper could be poking in his side it could be anything. I hope your baby feels alot better.

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:28 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My kids always did this when they had an ear infection...especially if a runny nose comes before.

Answer by christyg at 7:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Also night terrors. They do get nightmares like we do.

Answer by MissV. at 8:17 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Molars? Night terrors or nightmares? There are so many possibilities.

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:40 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It could be the back teeth. I had my adult molars come down really late and I wanted to I can imagine how a baby would feel. Also, maybe nightmares...just not feeling good, even being frustrated with waking up again. Poor kid...and poor you! Hope it gets better for both of you soon!

Answer by metalhealthmama at 9:51 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Ear infections will make them scream in the middle of the night. Or gas and teething. I have never heard of a baby getting nightmares or night terrors so not sure on that one??? Have you taken him to the dr? I would start there.

Answer by mommymine3 at 5:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh and I forgot to add that if your Son has had a stuffy nose and cough for the past 2 months you need to take him in to his Dr. That is way too long to be sick in my opinion.

Answer by mommymine3 at 5:05 PM on May. 12, 2009