Is the world system against women?

We are stoned, beat, killed, stalked, taken to the judge, divorced, left alone, homeless, running from unsafe partners, left to fend for ourselves, and at times just plain taken for granted. But what about the damage done on a daily, or even minute to minute segment of time for these abandoned and forgotten? Sometimes even a place to live is like selling your soul. (Believing in God helps, and what is so wrong about that?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nothing is wrong with finding comfort in your beliefs.

I think women are attacked from so many sides because we are so important. We are vessels of creation, and that very ability, is often what is distorted by the world.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• wtf?
    Anonymous

• Um yeah....all that happens to men as well.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:34 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure what point or question your asking, it seems more of a statement then a question, and I agree that my Faith in God has helped me to endure some very hard times in my life.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 7:35 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'm also not quite sure what the question is, but I do agree that the majority of the world is patriarchal in nature.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• well, a lot of the above has happened to me.. and I got to tell you... God didn't help.. I helped myself... took a while.. but I did it on my own.. there isn't any greater satisfaction, then facing your private horrors head on, and making the most of them, for a better life, and doing it yourself... while knowing you ended up on top..

I'll tell you what.. women are stronger than many people think they are.. that's the power we have inside ourselves... It's not a pretty, nor is it a fair world to women and children.. but its up to us women to protect our children, and ourselves..

As I have said many times.. i'm an atheist.. and I became on for a reason.. when I went through everything I did, and prayed, and nothing came of it, I found something else that helped me.. meditation.. it helped me center myself, and helped me find ways to get through it mentally, so I could get up the next day and face these things... cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• note: not condemning religions, just saying it didn't work for me.. everyone has their own paths, their own faiths.. my faith was in myself. . if yours is in God, and it helps you get through a hard time.. then I would never try to stop you from believing... i'm just stating my own personal position on the situation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:45 PM on May. 11, 2009

• hazeldove.. God DID help :-) He helped you face those fears yourself. You just dont realise it !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:08 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I was never stoned with rocks, but everything else i have been through. I did not have God in my life,but God had saved me from all of the bad, and ugly situations I had gotten myself into. We have such a great and wonderful God. I just wish others would take the time to appreciate him, and know him as well as they could. Praise the LORD!! Praise Jesus!
    Without either of them I would have been dead physically and spiritually.For all eternity.
    I LOVE GOD!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I just have this to say. At one point in time the police did not get involved when a man beat his wife. It had nothing to do with religion it was just seen as something that wasn't a police matter. Now, one night my Great Grand Dad was beating my Bubba and she had had enough... She beat him near to death with a cast iron skillet... The police still did nothing because it was a "domestic" issue...

Things weren't worse for my Bubba once she had the guts to swing back...

The point is that yes, in many cases through history women have SEEMED to have drawn the short straw, but that doesn't mean they really did. They just needed to stand up for themselves. Had more women been willing to stand up things would have been different. It didn't mean that women were worse off, it just meant that they didn't know they weren't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:49 PM on May. 11, 2009