A bad choice

I have a family member[who shall remain nameless]who recently got married.While I was looking thru a sexual predator watch website,I came across her new hubby.He got arrested in '06 for sex with an underage girl[he was 40,she was 14]and was sentenced to an undisclosed amount of time in prison.I don't know if she knows,or does and doesn't care.I think he may have given her a bs story if she does know.Should I tell the family? She's their pet and I'm not sure how they'll react.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I would bring it to her attention. The situation has a large enough age gap, that I consider it grounds for thinking the guy is a true pedophile. If that is the case, regardless of marriage, he could still be a danger to children around him. And the details of his freedom may prohibit them from living near schools, her babysitting kids in her home, etc. And, honestly, I would also print out the picture/details and inform other family members. IMO, this is not just about being in jail or a criminal, this could potentialy harm those around the couple and people have the right to at least be aware of the situation. They can then choose to forgive and forget or whatever...it will then be a choice made after knowing facts and having proof of an immoral and illegal act.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:58 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i'd tell her & see if she actually knows
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If she is your friend, u should go to her... She will let u know what she knows, if anything. That is a hard thing to do, but if she is a true friend then she will understand why you HAD to tell her. Hopefully she went into the marriage with all the knowledge of her husbands past!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 7:44 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Honestly, it's between her and him. I'd leave it alone.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:48 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Wow thats a tough one! I would have to tell her, she may already know.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 7:50 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i'd tell her, he's a pedophile plain and simple.

no normal person has sex with a 14 y/o child and nearly all pedophiles commit their crime again.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 8:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I'd tell anyone who had kids, at least!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:43 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I would send an anonymous email or lette to your family. they have a right to know what kind of pervert they are dealing with, but I wouldn't want my family to know it was me. I wouldn't want to strain any realtionships.
    Anonymous

• I think telling her is in her best interest. If she knows, she knows. If not, maybe she would really wish someone had told her.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:00 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Absolutely tell her.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:13 PM on May. 11, 2009