What is Rh-?

I know two blood types fight against each other. But what 2 blood types?

heathertilton08

Asked by heathertilton08 at 7:45 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/rhfactor.html

From what I understand of it, if you are A+ or whatever blood type + then you don't have to worry about it. Only if you are A- or whatever blood type you are. I also think (not sure) that if you are, for instance A- and the baby's father is B-, you are fine. It's only a problem if you are for instance A- and he is B+. The - and + are what's fighting, not the letter part of the blood type.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 7:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Anything "-" O-, A- and anything positive. I'm O- and dh is A+ so I had to have the Rhogam shot while I was pregnant. When dd was born they tested her blood and she was O+ so I had to have another shot. I believe it only matters if your - not dh but I could be wrong.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• It isn't the blood type it is the Rh factor in your blood. If you are a positive and the baby is negative your bodytries to act like the baby is a foreign object. It is more likely in subsequent pregnancies than in the first. Anyway, they give the Mom a shot to prevent problems usually around 32 weeks.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I have A-, anything neg. has the RH factor in it, and can not be combined with a pos. blood type, or it could be fatal. When it get pregnant i need to get a special shot, once while pregnant and once right after the baby is born.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:55 PM on May. 11, 2009

• The blood type are A and B, meaning a person that is type A can not give blood to a person that is B, but O can give to any one.. the Rh factor is the negative or possitive at the end of your blood type . ex A- or A possitive... ( sorry cant figure out how to do the plus sign on my laptop) lol.
    A person that is both A and B can get either blood as long as the donor has the same Rh factor as them, meaning AB - can get A or B negative blood but not possitive.. Hope this makes since
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• my blood type and the babys if he or she is rh pos.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• My husband is pos so we've always had pos babies which is why I take rhogam.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:58 PM on May. 11, 2009

• i got the rhogam shot also.i am o- and my husband is ab+.if you dont get the rhogam shot the cells in your body see your SO cells bad and try to get rid of them.ya all my kids are ab+.its no big deal but dont not get the shot then you will have problems.you get it before the baby is born then after.then after each consecutive baby.one of my friends had to get 2 rhogam shots but the baby is fine.its kind of like when you have a cold and your anti bodies try to fight off the germs...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:07 PM on May. 11, 2009