whens the best time

whens the best time to try for a baby? a couple of people have told me a couple days after period is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Not necessarily. It all depends on when you ovulate, which will happen somewhere in the middle of your cycle.

Go gt a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. It will teach you how to track your cycles. I got pregnant the VERY FIRST cycle after reading it, after a year of mistiming everything.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:49 PM on May. 11, 2009

• around 2:26 pm.
    Anonymous

• My doctor told me that you can pnly get pregnant for two weeks after your period....i don't know if i believe her though, it sounds kinda strange.
    Anonymous

• oh your real funny anon 7:51
    Anonymous

• "My doctor told me that you can pnly get pregnant for two weeks after your period....i don't know if i believe her though, it sounds kinda strange."

The fertile window USUALLY happens somewhere around two weeks after your period...you can only get pregnant when you ovulate. But the two week marker isn't always precise because a lot of women have cycles that are longer or shorter than 28 days.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:57 PM on May. 11, 2009

• if u got your period on may 1oth your ovulation time will be on may 21st - 25th so when ever u get your period calculate it 12days later in see. let me know if there's good luck
    dakira_87

Answer by dakira_87 at 8:37 PM on May. 11, 2009

• No, that's not true at all. Actually...you should try to conceive when you are ovulating...which is usually 14 days after the first day of your period. I would try the week 10-17 days after the first day of your period! That's when you are most fertile.
    mama_kayla

Answer by mama_kayla at 8:42 PM on May. 11, 2009

• The 14 days before your period stays the same for all women. The beginning of the luteal cycle is 10-14 days. The follicular period is different for all women. It can be a couple days after the period to two, three or even four weeks before ovulation. During this time, your mucous should be clear, sticky and possibly stringy. You are fertile during this period, but since sperm only live 2-5 days, your only technically fertile 5 days before ovulation at the most and 24 hours after ovulation. You can figure out when this happens for you by taking your temperature every morning. When your temperature goes four degrees higher then the highest temperature on your period, you have reached the luteal stage. You are not fertile in the luteal stage. You probably ovulated right before that temperature rise. If you keep a chart, you can figure out your normal cycle and be able to predict when you ovulate.
    Angeldolphine

Answer by Angeldolphine at 10:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• did you try 7:51 pm?
    Anonymous