Cell phone not working

Does anyone know how to clean the charger port on the cell phone. I am trying to charge it and as soon as I take it of the charger it won't stay charge anymore. the cell just shuts off. I cleaned it with a tooth brush and still nothing...any idea...I am lost without my cell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Also, what kind of charger are you using? Is it a wall charger or a car charger, and is the the same brand as your phone? You may think I am making this up, but using a charger that is NOT made by the same manufacturer as the phone can really screw up your phone. This is because non manufacturer chargers have no voltage regulators inside them, so basically they let too much current go through, and even when the battery has a full charge, it will continue to charge the battery, which of course overcharges it, and will eventually fry circuits inside the battery. Maybe even inside the phone. Non manufacturer chargers can cause a battery to burst, and if the battery acid gets inside your phone...nuff said. You can tell if it is a manufacturer charger if the name of the phone manufacturer is somewhere on the charger, like motorola, or samsung. if the charger says anything else, or nothing at all stop using it.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:23 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It may not be the charger....cell phone batteries can have problems with holding charge. I'd take it back where you bought it and see what you can do.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:55 PM on May. 11, 2009

• I use a q-tip and rubbing alcohol, but it may just be, either your batterieor your charger.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 7:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Take it to your cell phone provider and ask them to clean it out and to check the battery, you may need a new battery.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:01 PM on May. 11, 2009

• http://www.fixya.com/

try here type your cell phone model and maker in the search box they have a lot of great info Good Luck

tlc-mom

Answer by tlc-mom at 8:15 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Ditto to tyfry7496

Answer by admckenzie at 8:52 PM on May. 11, 2009

• If it's not holding a charge, it's one of a few things. How long have you had this phone? It might be the battery. Batteries tend to last about two years...then you need a new one. Or it could be the charger itself. Sometimes the damn things will 'look' like they are charging but really aren't. Or it can be the charging port may be damaged, there could be parts missing, bent, or damaged in some other way.
    I used to work for cricket, dealt with these kinds of issues all day long, every day, lol.
    If your phone is shutting off completely when you take it off the charger, and not coming back on at all, or if it comes on and then goes back off immediately, maybe the phone itself is damaged.
    Have you dropped it lately? Does it have water damage? What kind of phone is it and where did you buy it? Who is your provider? Give me more details...so I can really help you.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:18 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Sorry this is taking too much space on here but I really wanna help you. Also, if your charger is not a manufacturer charger, it can void the warranty on your phone...you may need a whole new phone. Don't want to give you bad news!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 12:24 AM on May. 12, 2009

• OP....Thank you soooooooooo much Chavela_carlita for your help. I went to my service provider and they said it got water damange. I am so bummed. so I got another cell from a friend and it works fine. Thanks again for all your help!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on May. 14, 2009