should i let him help?

my babys daddy is goin into the army and he said he would help my daughter with insurance. which involves a court date and child support. my parents were goin to put her on their insurance to help out. my dad says that he doesnt think its a good idea for her dad to help out like that bc you "never know what could happen in the future." my dad said that i am in control of everything right now and when i get joint custody basically that im losing that role and he could take advantage of it one day. i mean i understand what hes saying but me and him are alright now. we got a sched down and he helps and what not. so like why wouldnt i let him help out? it wuld save my parents so much. so what should i do? anyone gone thru this?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 8:02 PM on May. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• baby's daddy should be responsible no matter what happens down the road. He won't take custody bc he needs you to have custody in case he gets deployed. It will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:31 PM on May. 11, 2009

• good point...
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 8:33 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Yeah, he needs to put his child on Tricare. The daddy having the kid on Tricare won't help him if he wants to fight for custody, it's just the right thing to do. And as pp said, he can't take custody now, active duty soldiers have to have a plan in place in case of deployment. Single or dual military I should say. You are lucky he wants to help, there are lots of boys out there that won't step up and help with their kids.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:59 PM on May. 11, 2009

• Let him help. He is the dad. He should be able to help if there is something that he wants to help with then hell let him. It would make things easer on the both of you. If you tell him no then hes going to take it as if you dont think he can handle that or that you just dont want him to have that much input in your kids life. And that can cause more problems.
    Anonymous

• Military benefits are wonderful. and Joint custody is good thing. It is good that he wants to be in his daughters life. So many men ditch their kids so your situation is good. Yes let him help. And don't worry about losing anything. Moms are usually the favorite. And it can be difficult for a man to take the child from the mom. so don't even worry about that.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 9:48 PM on May. 11, 2009